Personal Data We Collect
Nektony VPN Client collects some personal information from registered users, that are entered during registration:
- a valid email address
- a registration password for the account
This information is needed to personalize the user for service provision and technical support. For example, when validating an account or changing the password on request.
Nektony Limited has no access to your database password or any data stored in your local database on your devices. Nektony Limited does NOT collect and log any user activities while using VPN Client software.
Nektony Limited also stores the encrypted information about a number of connected devices for each account, as the maximum permitted amount is limited.
You may be also asked to provide Nektony Limited with some technical non-personal information which may be collected in the background by client apps. It may contain the following information:
- the user’s email
- the connection type
- IP Address
- OS version
This information will be used strictly for technical purposes, such as overall system improvement and an increase of users experience.
* VPN Client software by Nektony Limited uses KeepSolid Inc. platform of VPN servers. All the data collected by Nektony
Limited may also be also stored by KeepSolid Inc.
Your VPN Client ID information, such as username and password are encrypted, using AES 256 algorithm, so it is known only by you and only you will have access to it. The protection of the password, which gives access to the personal private data, is the user’s responsibility. Nektony Limited or its representative will never ask you for your VPN Client password. Please, notify us about any such attempts, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VPN Client provides paid services, all purchases are made through Apple. We do not receive any personal data about payments and do not process them. All payment transactions are performed by Apple as a third party. For more details see the link in the Third Party Data Processors section.
How We Use Personal Data
Any of the information we collect from you may be used for the following reasons:
- To improve our website. We make changes based on offerings, information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service
- To send periodic emails about VPN Client news, deals and tips for your online security.
Nektony VPN Client uses the provided registration information to authenticate users and provide access to the VPN Client application. We may also use the provided email addresses in order to communicate with our customers. By registering in the Nektony VPN Client software and creating an ID, you automatically accept receiving email messages from Nektony Limited. The messages may be sent to notify about changes to its services, maintenance or promotional materials from Nektony Limited. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include an unsubscribing link at the bottom of each email. Note, even if you unsubscribe from email, Nektony Limited may still contact you via email for purchases confirmation, technical support or any security issues.
If you subscribe to VPN Client newsletter, the submitted email address will be forwarded to email marketing service provider MailChimp. We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor (see the GDPR section below). The submitted email address will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
While your email address remains within the MailChimp database, you will receive periodic (approximately one per month) newsletter-style emails from us.
Logs & Cookies
Nektony Limited collects and logs common user statistics and website traffic only for VPN Client website. This information includes regular website traffic characteristics: date, time and duration of visits, a frequency of visits and to which pages and so on. This information is used to improve the quality of delivered services.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Other Important Privacy Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise, transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. However, collected non-personal user statistic may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We may release your information only when we must comply with laws that require such disclosure to law enforcement authorities or other government third-party officials such as subpoenas.
Nektony PL takes reasonable precautions such as policy-based access control to protect Data in our possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access. At any time you may deactivate your account and delete your personal private data.
If you wish to receive your personal data provided to us, a list of the permissions given to us, to cancel your permissions or unsubscribe marketing emails, contact email@example.com.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing email@example.com.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
As VPN Client software by Nektony Limited uses KeepSolid Inc. platform of VPN servers, the technical support related to questions about password recovery and reset, VPN servers issues, purchases, and other questions may be provided by KeepSolid Inc. staff.
Third Party Links
We may place links to websites and services operated by third parties on the Nektony Limited websites. We make no representations or warranties about the policies of third party websites that are linked to Nektony Limited or any of its services. We highly recommend you to read the privacy policies posted on those third party websites.
Our Third Party Data Processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0. All 3 of these third parties are based in the USA and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
We will report any unlawful data breach of the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
The data controller is Nektony Limited.
The registered office is: Hong Kong, Room 1005, 10/F, Tai Yau Building, 181 Johnston Road, Wan Chai
Terms and Conditions
©2020 Nektony Limited